Apple is reportedly set to release an update to its iOS mobile Operating System (OS) within the next two weeks to address minor bug fixes and jailbreaking vulnerabilities, following the recent release of iOS 4.3.
Apple's iOS 4.3.1 update should fix some minor bugs and increase stability for iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches running iOS 4.3.
This update will provide the following changes to the current iOS 4.3 version:
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on Web sites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recgonizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulneratbility
The exact date of the release is unclear, though it should be available within two weeks.